Tuesday, March 29, 2011

wowowowowowwowww


Hey thanks for all of the emails this week! It was good to hear from everybody, but because I was reading all of the emails, I won't be able to write very much. But that's okay. I am so so happy when I hear from my family.
 
So, this week has been--great. I want to catch the echo of what I said last week, and just shout it out again. My companion is unbelievable. We work everyday with no regrets, we work harder than I ever have, and somehow I am having more fun than I have ever had. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I am smiling almost every minute that I'm awake. And I'm not saying that we haven't experienced some hard things this week. But for once, it's not about the companionship. It is just heartbreaking to see people go through somethings, but because our companionship is so unified, and so filled with love-we can purely focus on other people. It is unlike any feeling I've ever had, and I am learning what a strong, healthy relationship is. Everyday I am so happy to wake up and work with her, and everynight I feel we did everything we could that day, and I am just  a little sad that one day is gone from our transfer. She will come to Utah when she is done with her mission, and I want you to meet her. She is a convert to the church, and she was actually in boram's stake. She has a picture from her baptism, and boram was there at her baptism! I could go on and on for days about how great my companion is and how happy I am. But there really isn't time.
 
I think one of the greatest things I saw this week was when we were meeting with a recent convert, we were at her house and talking to her about how she is having a hard time coming to church. And she finally let it spill that it was because the missionary that taught her-they were in love--and now when she goes to church she is reminded of him. And he was kind of a ..dirtbag...to her. Anyways, so while me and Sister Choi were kind of fuming underneath about the audicity of this Elder, Hay Bee Chamaenim turned to me, and she grabbe my hands and got really close to my face and said in broken English, I don't hate him. Don't think that I hate him. He showed me heaven. He showed me where my God is. He taught me about my God, and about my whole life. He brought me into this new world, this world. How can I hate him? When she said that, I felt so strongly. I just felt. And I admire her so much.
 
Mom and Dad, I know you both were asking about if I am learning a lot of Korean with her, and if I am working hard. Dad, she does speak English really well. We speak English in the house, and we are trying to speak Korean outside. I am learning a lot of Korean with her. And when I am with her, I am not afraid to speak Korean. I hope that I can learn a lot from her while I am with her. And we are working so hard. Since we have been companions, the amount of work we are doing has tripled or quadrupled in some cases. It feels great. She reminds me a lot of mom, the way that she works, but the way she is still so full of love and fun. I am realizing now that I am really comfortable living with a Korean companion. It feels soo comfortable, as compared to an american companion. But maybe it's all just circumstances.
 
I can't believe that Richard is a misisonary now. We pray for him everyday since he has been set apart, and I am excited for him. I want so badly to hear how he is doing, but I know that he is doing great.
 
Okay, there is no time now. I love you all so much. I will write more next week.  Bye!
 
Love, Lia

No comments: