Monday, March 21, 2011

number 2!

안녕하세요!

So, we got our transfer call a few hours after I wrote you an email
last week. And my trainer got transfered out of my area, and up with
my Korean MTC companion in Cheongju. And her (my korean mtc companion)
companion transfered into my area. Her name is Choi Jiseon, or Jen
Choi. She is the most amazing, beautiful, faithful, fun, best
missionary in the whole mission I think. I can say without even a drop
of guile in my being that I have never been happier than I have been
in the past 5 days that I have been companions with her. I feel like
she is my sister, it is the strangest feeling, like we were meant to
be together. Is this getting too cheesy? haha. Just to make a long
story short, she is amazing, and I feel it the utmost privilege and
blessing to be companions with her, and I will work so hard and learn
so much while I am with her. Even though we have only been together
for about 5 days, in 4 days of work together we doubled or tripled our
results of missionary work. It feels so good to be so united, and just
work, work, work all day. It feels like I am just with my best friend,
or sister, and we keep meeting new investigators and it doesn't feel
like work. It feels like we are just making friends and talking about
the gospel, and we finally have progressing investigators, who are
also quickly becoming close friends. Because she works so hard, I
always want to follow her. We are teaching so many lessons on the
street, and talking to so many people everyday. Lots of older
missionaries kept telling me that I was getting discouraged about not
working so hard because I was a greenie, and they said that once I
went through a few more transfers that I would change, and get tired.
and I always thought, that seems miserable, I don't want to lose faith
or desire. And being with Jen Choi Chamaenim, she only has a few
transfers left, and she has more greenie faith than me it feels like.
I want to be like her when I am a grown up missionary. She reminds me
so much of mom, and of Boram, and of Jan, Abe's wife. I'm sorry that I
am talking about it so much, I just can't believe sometimes how much
God blesses me through the people that I am meeting. We have seen so
many miracles everyday, and it feels like I've known her my whole
life, I am so happy, I have never been so happy as I am now. I know it
is because there is so much love in our companionship, and we are
doing missionary work with our whole hearts. 



...

 The internet connection here is bad, so I will go now.
I love you all, I hope you are all happy and well.
I am going to attach a link-Elder Cook came to our mission, and there
is a little article, and a picture I think about it.

http://lds.org/pages/elder-cook-visits-korea-and-japan?lang=eng

Sarangero, Lia Chamae

No comments: