Monday, March 14, 2011

transfers

So, by reading my subject line, you may think that I am transferring, right? well, actually I have no idea..because we haven't gotten our transfer call yet and it is killing me!! We should be getting it any time, so maybe by the time I am done with this email you will know what the situation is. I am a little bit nervous. I shouldn't be though-because I'm a greenie-and I feel like because I'm a greenie, they would think me uncapable of moving away from my trainer, or my cushy greenie area, 5 minutes away from the office, and President's house. hmm. I think the thing I am more afraid of is that they are going to take my trainer away from me..and I wouldn't say all of this if the Russian office elder wasn't slipping secret, sly, hinting comments to everybody about transfers..that apparently are always true. Anyways, I guess I shouldn't be talking about this before it even happens. Its just what's on my mind right now, because that same Elder just called from the office..so we thought it was our call..but he was just calling about what we want to do today, and to see if we got our call. But he did say that we need to do something as a whole district today, because he said that every companionship has somebody transferring this time.

Well, besides that. Things are going really great. This week was good. Although our numbers don't say so, the work has really been picking up. We finally have 1 progressing investigator. She is progressing very slowly, but the more exciting this is that her daughter, who is only 7 years old, is progressing in an amazing way. When we went to teach them the second half of the second lesson last week, the mom--our one progessing investigator--told us that her daughter prays everynight before she goes to bed, and tells her mom to do it to. And the mom always say, but I don't even know if God exists or not, and then she said her daughter always tells her-well thats why you have to pray, to find out that he is real. So, this little girl is amazing.

We met a lot of people this week, and I have a lot of faith in them. Can I tell you about a really cool thing that happened last Monday night? So, after our p-day stuff, we went out to try to find an inactive family for one of the wards we are serving in. On our way there, we needed to grab something for dinner, but I didn't feel like eating a bulgogi burger, which was right at the bus stop we got off of. Crazy right--i always love lotteria's bulgogi burgers, and i don't even like burgers. Jason knows what I'm talking about. Anyways, we turned the corner, and went into a little convenience store for yogurt instead. I was just walking up some aisle, when this lady walked up to me and said, hello! I turned and looked at Sister Warner, to see if I should know who this lady was..she looked just as shocked as me. And so I said hello back. We started talking, and she asked me if I was an English teacher here. I said I'm actually a missionary here, but we do teach free english. She got really excited and asked where, how, etc. I told her that we could do it one on one, or at the church with a group. Before I could get any further she pointed at my book of mormon, and said-do you teach about the bible too?? I'm so interested in the bible! Can you teach me about the scriptures. At this point I was thinking, okay--who's the jokster? This lady is full on contacting me, before I can contact her. She's stealin all my lines. Anywho, I said of course! and we exchanged numbers, and get this--her name is Soonyoung! just like mom's. We were both really excited about that. Anyways, I'm hoping we can meet with her very soon. And, I realize the answer to my question. Who's the jokster? God is the jokster! And it was no joke. ha. We are promised that he will put people in our path that are ready to receive the gospel..so I don't know why I was surprised that somebody would cross my path and be ready to talk with me.

So, this week, some crazy stuff been goin on round here. But, I'm not going to put it in an email. Just remind me to tell you when I get home ^_^.

Um, everything is just blurring into one big day for me..so I have a hard time figuring out what you've heard or haven't heard, etc. But, if you would like to know some of my favorite moments in the week, they go as follows:

-After church on Sunday, this old guy down the street stopped me and Sister Warner and said he had a present. I was a little bit..i don't know..maybe nervous? to see what he was going to pull out of his bag. But then he pulled out two cans of peaches and two pairs of chopsticks and handed them to us. Apparently he's a member in Sonhwa ward. But, anyways, we had peaches for lunch.
-I met a girl from South Africa, named Bridgette, in a bread place while we were with Ko So Joo Chamaenim, our recent convert.
-We got a referral this week ,and when we called her she was really excited to meet us.
-I ate Bibimnaengmyun twice this week!
-After a really, really tough day-me and my companion went home and ate icecream and layed on the floor. And then somehow, it magically turned into one of my favorite moments I've had on my mission so far. And I realize that it is probably because in that moment I loved my companion more than I ever had up until that point.

...

With all my love, Lia

No comments: