Tuesday, December 7, 2010

its another pday

Hey-o,


So, can you believe that I am already on MTC week 4? I am already more than half way done with my first planner. The Korean is still coming along well. It is blowing my mind. I can memorize like 40 vocab words in like half an hour. It is seriously kind of freaking me out. I think it might freak other people out too. I can really tell that the Lord is helping me learn the language. It has been really helpful as well to have a native companion in our trio. Things are going really well with my companions, I feel extremely blessed to have been put with both of them. I learn so much from both of them everyday. Our Elders are unbelievable still. I feel like one of the most shocking things is to remember that they are 19 year old boys, most of the time they don't act like they are. But occassionaly, they do. Such as when they stink up the classroom real bad. Luckily, I've been buttercupped enough in my day to not really care if somebody lets a silent but deadly one in the classroom. One of the Elders is trying to convince us to talk to the Elders about not farting in the classroom, because it grosses him out. haha, but I don't care enough to say anything. Just like Dad would sing, " Everybody farts, everybody farts"


Exciting things that happened this week since last P-day. Julie B. Beck came and spoke, and we got to sit in the very front and center, me and my two companions. We sat right next to our branch president, Brother and Sister Shin. Apparently their son is married to Julie B. Beck's daughter. Anywho, after the meeting, Sister Shin took us up to meet Julie B. Beck. Our little Sister Kim was sooo excited. It was her first real day at the MTC, and she couldn't believe that she got to hug Julie B. Beck.


 I can't believe that it is another P-day already. Ohh, on Saturday we had TRC--and that was really cool. Me and Seipel Chamaenim got a blind Korean man. He would laugh everytime we spoke Korean..which was awkward. and then he would run his hands over his face and say chwesonghamnida. and then he would recooperate..until we would start to talk again, and then he would laugh again. It ended up being okay once we taught the first lesson in English. Maybe our Korean was just...that bad. Every other day, just comes and goes, and comes and goes--but everyday I am so thankful for everything that I am going through right now. I can't remember a time being more happy than I am now. I am so thankful for the decision I've made to come on a mission. I've swiftly learned that the only way to succeed is to be strictly obedient, and not only strictly obedient..but willingly and cheerfully obedient. You would all be amazed at my level of productivity and obedience haha.


Please send me Dear Elders so that I can have more time to write you. I love to hear from all of you.


Love, Cutler chamae

No comments: