Tuesday, November 30, 2010

hello!

Annyonghaseyo kachok!

Can you believe its almost December already? Things at the MTC are going really well. I just got back from breakfast where I just witnessed an Elder attempt to eat 10 biscuits and gravy... He got to 9 5/6. He also drank like 10 cups of blue powerade. Unbelievable. I love the MTC, and I love my Elders.

The last time that i was so intrigued and consumed by 4 square was when I was in 4th grade I believe. I can't believe how much i look forward to that game, everyday. I didn't play at first, because I was afraid to play with all of my Elders, but this last week they forced me and Seipel Chamaenim to play, and it has been so much fun.

Okay, so let me just spill what I've done this week since I last wrote you. The things that stuck out to me the most were on Thanksgiving Elder Holland came and spoke to us with his whole family. It was really great. He had all of his granchildren come up and sing that song; whenever i hear the dadadadda, and look at the dadaa. i can't remember. But it was really cute. Then he stood up and bore the most personal testimony i've ever heard of Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to have been able to be there when he did it. Elder Holland is an amazing man. After Elder Holland spoke we made over 33,000 backpacks in 3 hours! isn't that crazy? It was fun.

On Saturday, me and Seipel Chamaenim had our first TRC experience. Because of the holiday, and the huge storm warning..which didn't hit provo..the TRC didn't really have any volunteers. We only had one Korean volunteer, and me and Seipel Chamaenim got to take it, because none of our Elders wanted to. It ended up being one of the best experiences that I've had in the MTC so far. We introduced ourselves in Korean, and then asked if we could come back and talk to her for our "task." We were supposed to go back and teach her the first discussion. So, when we went in and we tried to speak to her in English--we realized that she really couldn't speak any English at all. It was amazing how all of our lesson plans that we had been working on and practicing all week just flew straight out of the window. We had to speak in such simple terms, back in forth and Korean and English. I have never had the spirit guide me so much as it did during this lesson. She kept switching back and forth inbetween her actual mormon self, and an investigator. But, when we read the Joseph Smith' first vision account, she began to cry. She told us about how when she was first taking the discussion she was having a hard time deciding if it was true or not, but when her missionaries read her the first vision she knew it was true. She then exclaimed, "It's true! it's true! it's true!" I felt more sure then that the first vision was true than I have ever felt before. I'm so grateful to her for sharing that with me.

On Sunday, we were able to go on a temple walk which was really nice. It was snowing, and we walked up with all of our Elders...I often feel like I am at Hogwarts at the MTC. It felt like we were going on a weekend trip to Hogsmead. However, there was no butterbeer at the end of the temple walk. Just a lot of pictures. I can't figure out how to send pictures via email on these computers. sorrry. I'll try to send some in the mail, or in next weeks email.

Love, Cutler Chamae

No comments: