Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Annyong

Hi Everybody,
I'm sure you've all been shakin in your boots waiting to hear from me. You haven't seen me back at home yet, so you can all assume that I'm doing well. I only have thirty minutes, so don't judge me for spelling/grammatical/social errors.
First off, I am loving my mission so far. My companion, Melissa Seipel, is SO great. And on top of the fact that she is great, we have lots of similarities ... I love her already. She is already a great example to me, she is so hard working and uplifting. I am beyond grateful that I got put with such a great companion.

As for our Elders..there are over 50 of them..and only 2 of us. Yes, Sister Seipel and I are the only sisters in the zone. This has actually turned out to be great. All of the Elders treat us really well. They always take our trays, and stand up for us when we come to the table. Which is honestly really embarrassing, but the Branch Presidents wife told us that we should just be very gracious and grateful to them when they treat us well. We used to just get to the table and sit down as quickly as possible, and now we just walk at a normal pace, and sit at a normal pace. But don't worry Jason, we're not weird. We don't stand and wait for all of the Elders to stand up for us. I do love our Elders though, they are very great.

You will be happy to know that the Korean is coming along really great. I have beent hinking that maybe I had such a difficult time at Yonsei, because the Lord was humbling me, and showing me that it is such a clear difference to try to learn the language without the spirit, and with the spirit. I cannot believe how much Korean I am grasping, and how quickly it is coming to me. I understand everything so much better, and I am shocked at how quickly I was able to say the prayer, and how much vocabulary I all of a sudden know. I can see so clearly how the Lord is helping me learn the language, and how on my own I could hardly keep my head above the water. I am thankful to be able to see this blessing.
As for how things have been going..inside of me..feelings, digestion, etc. My feelings have been different from what I've felt before. I know that when i first got into the MTC, I don't think I had the right attitude about myself. I felt like a big part of the reason I was going on a mission was to learn more about the gospel, and to grow as a person, and to be able to be with the Korean people. I still think that those things are important, but I swiftly realized that it is not what the main purpose of this is. I realize now that this is not my time anymore, its not my time to complain about being tired, or missing my dog, or missing my friends or family. I am sincerly on the Lord's time now, and I am determined not to waste anymore time on self-pity, or insecurities, or weaknesses. I have felt a difference since I have turned my time over to the Lord, and stopped worrying about myself. As for my digestion, eh. Its so-so. I know you're all curious haha. Its actually probably better than normal. gosh, I'm sorry if anybody else reads this that doesn't want to know about my digestion. Write me a personal letter if you want to know about it.

I love you all. Millions of hugs and kisses.

No comments: