Monday, May 16, 2011

Lets pray quickly, so we can go to the bathroom!

I feel like there is so much I have to write. Cool things, stupid things, things I need, fun stories, and my cheongshin is opsoyo. . .

It was so good to see you all on skype this last week. You look like you are all doing so great, and it was really nice to see everybody's faces. And for those of you I didn't get to see on skype, I bet your faces look nice too, and I wish I could have seen them!

Okay...Lets see. This week has been good. not just good, but great. I think that I finally hit the spot that I heard my trainer talk about..during your first couple transfers you're still super serious from the mtc, and tired all the time, and not knowing whats going on...and for your last couple transfers I heard you just get beat...but she said you hit this spot in the middle that just flows and I feel like I finally hit that spot. I'm sleeping great, I'm happy everyday. It helps that I have amazing companions, and its party transfer down in suncheon. k.k.kk.k. just kidding. We are working hard, and having fun at the same time, I promise. Speaking about sleeping..a few sentences ago. Sister Uyanga reports to me every morning what I did during the night. Do you want to know what I did in the night? Last night, I said-Lets pray quickly, so that we can go to the bathroom! and then I got into prayer position for a while, and then stood up and went to the bathroom. The night before that I was singing a little Korean song in my sleep. The night before that, I was giggling in my sleep. The night before that, I was just speaking Korean jibberish-like--will you please say that again? I'm glad that somebody is awake to report these things to me in the morning. She always says, Cutler Chamaenim..do you remember what you did last night? ...

Anyways, this week we did splits and guess what? Somehow the three half-koreans in the whole mission ended up in the same companionship for the day. It was..fun. It is really interesting to hear the different points of views from growing up, and to hear and feel about the different experiences as being a half-korean missionary. Maybe I'm more lucky than the other two. The newest greenie, looks really Korean. and my companion, looks kind of Korean, more than me-and she was born in Korea so her korean is perfect..and when I'm with them everybody thinks I'm mexican or from south america, and they're always worried about my dark skin. Especially when they see pictures of me as a cute, baby with really white skin. So, while we were on splits, this crazy old Korean lady in pink pants, and a sparkly blue shirt, with high heeled sneakers on came and touched my butt, then my face, and kept telling me I was really pretty. Then she asked for our phone number, all while still patting my bum. We met with her yesterday, and that sneaky funny old lady brought her minister with her! She just wanted to bible bash. And when she saw me, she didn't know who I was because she said I was pretty when she saw me, but when she saw me yesterday I was not the same person she insisted. Because I was ugly she said. So, we're sitting in this lesson, and this sweet crazy old lady is ripping out all the same bible bashing lines that I got so much in Daejeon. And somewhere along the length of time where she was talking...I looked at the pink pants that she wore again, and the sparkly blue shirt, and the high heeled sneakers..and I realized..she's a real person. One day, she consciously made the decision to buy the clothes she was wearing, and get the classic Korean lady old perm, and wear nylon socks with her high heeled sneakers. And I realized that when she put that outfit on that morning, she probably loved it. And for some reason, it made me really really like her. I don't know how to portray what I'm trying to say..just just that.

Anyways, the weather is great, its been raining a lot. I love the rain. There are palm trees down here, and on the mountains, the trees are so thick it feels like you couldn't even run a comb through the mountain..if the mountain was somebody's head.

I don't have much more time left..Because most of the things that I need to write are requests from home..for when the family comes in June. And I'll just write that to mom..i bet nobody else really wants to hear about how I want some of my shirts and pants from home, and things like that..so..i'll probably end this thing here.

Love, Lia

No comments: