Tuesday, January 11, 2011

(no subject)

Annyong!
 
Alright, so now it is my second to last p-day in the MTC! woooo. I really do like the MTC, but I am excited to get to Korea. As the weeks go on, it is hard to figure out what to write, because everything just sort of blurs into one eternal round...so I will try my best to keep these letters interesting and unplifting. 

First of all, I hope that anybody who is reading this is doing well, and I am thankful that you are taking the time to see how I am doing.

So, this week was much like any other week. Sort of. Actually, I think since we officially learned that we are leaving a week early that everybody has been a little bit..off. I don't even know what it is-probably just nerves, excitement, anxiousness. I went through one of my mini-Lia stages where I became a social recluse for a few days. I know many of you know what I am talking about. I suppose for those of you that I ever did that to, that it was probably awkward for you. Can you imagine for my companion? Luckily I snapped out of it within a couple of days..haha.. instead of for that one month I did to Saydee. Love you Sayd! Two of our Elders in our zone got sick this last week or so. One with a kidney stone, and one got diagnosed with Epsenbar?? (sp????) Anyways, he is one of my favorites, he is going to LA--with Richy poo! But if he's not better by tomorrow at one, he has to go home til the next transfer, so please remember to keep Elder Sweet in your prayers for a speedy recovery. 

I had a good experience at TRC this week. We taught the Plan of Salvation for the first time in Korean..I thought it was hard to teach in English. Pshh. Now, I would give almost anything to teach it in English again. haha Just kidding. I love trying to speak Korean..but It is hard to try to explain the Kingdoms of Glory in Korean. This week I am already feeling much more prepared though. Lets see, lets see...oh this Sunday we had another gushy bonding testimony meeting with our district. I have the best district-for me. We got 2 new Korean Chamae's this week, both Sister Lee...and along with the 2 sister Lee's..we got 4 Elder Lee's, 2 Elder Shin's, an Elder Bae, and some others. Oh Koreans. 

Lets see...what else would yoreobun want to know about whats going on..oh-four square has lost its savor a bit. I don't really know why...I think its because i decided to try not to kill as many people while I'm playing because I think I was hurting a lot of Elder pride, and it was getting awkward, and I decided it probably wasn't sisterly of me to try to kill everybody in four square. Hopefully its just a phase.

Okay, well I think thats about all of the day to day things that happened this week, now here are some of the more spiritual realizations or thoughts that came to me this week.
 
This week I am in 3rd Nephi, when Jesus comes to the Americas. I think hands down my favorite chapter is chapter 17, I would strongly urge you all to read it. My favorite is when Jesus says that he needs to leave, and everybody is looking at him with tears in their eyes, seeming to ask if he would stay with them a little longer. When I read that, for some reason it hit me more than any other thing has that Jesus is a real person. That people pleaded with their hearts, their eyes for him to stay a little longer with them, the way you would with a loved one. And the best part about it is that Jesus has compassion and love, and chooses to stay with them longer.

Another thing I was reading in 3rd Nephi, was in chapter 20:42..at the end of the verse it says something like God will be your rearward. So, I read this like 8 times!!!!---sincerly thinking ( and honestly getting excited for some reason) that MY Book of Mormon had a spelling error. (Ah, the audicity). I was thinking rearward??? Uh..i think you mean to say..reward. So, after reading it over and over to make sure that I had not made a mistake in my reading, I read the scripture to my Elders..and of course I pronounced it re-ar-ward..and the Elder next to me said-It says rear-ward, so pretty much its saying that God has your back. So, there you have it. Thats what it means, and yes, I do believe that God has my rearward.

Another thing that I realized this week while reading through the scriptures was that, whenever they had "good and righteous" years..it only takes about one to two sentences to explain it. However, it is when the people are going through the tough, wicked, difficult years that the BOM takes much time to explain the story, and that is where most of the nuggets of knowledge come from. So, i realized that it is the same in each one of our lifes, the good years are great-and they can be explained in a line or two, but it is the difficult times where we learn the most, or gain the most beauty and light by the end of it. So be thankful if you have a difficult life, because God loves you and is allowing you to realize more things, and experience more pain-and more pleasure, more ugliness-so you can know more beauty.

Okay, only a couple more of my favorite things from this week. I realized that often times I carry stones in my pockets. Okay, so not litterally stones..well sometimes I literally carry physical stones in my pockets if its particularly peculiar. Anyways, stones--i think you all know what I mean by stones. Just things in my life that weigh me down, that I don't want to let go of. My pockets are starting to overflow as I struggle to keep all of them in. This week though, I realized that if I just drop my stones down in front of me, one by one, then I will have more stepping stones, and that I will be able to walk further faster if I turn my stones into stepping stones. 

Another thing that popped up into my head is that if you were to be writing your life with a crayon, and the crayon ran out-would you just stop writing? Or would you grab a different color of crayon and continue to keep writing? So, i'm glad that i've had a colorful life up until this point, that it has been written in many different colors, and I will continue to write in many different colored crayons for the rest of my eternity.

Well, my time is up, I sarang you all, I love you, I pray for you, and think of you on p-days.
 
Saranghaeyo, Cutler Chamae
 
p.s. I'm the worst at writing letters, I am sorry. I will try to be better.

No comments: