Friday, May 13, 2011

On to my third transfer..and third and fourth companion

Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM MST


Annyonghaseyo ^^

Cutler Chamae imnida. So, I received the transfer call this morning..Mom you gonnnnna be so excited...I am moving to the most southern part of my mission--down in Cholodo (sp?) I am going to suncheon. I will be in a threesome with another half Korean sister from Texas, and a girl from Mongolia--the only three in the mission who aren't white, or korean. We will be a funny pair, or threesome down there on the coast. I am really excited to go down there, but I am really sad to leave my companion. I know that President is giving me a new companion everytime and makin gme have a lot of changes because he needs me to learn fast. By the end of the summer, I will be within the type 5 or so oldest sisters, and President will need me to be a senior. This terrifies me. a lot. I don't know how I'm supposed to learn Korean by then..but it has to be possible, right? So, I'll be down in what they consider the most shee-gol: rural area in the mission. It will be a good learning experience for me. Apparently, with Sister Uyanga, the Mongolian sister, they teach a lot of Mongolian people..so that will be really fun to have that experience too.

...

Okay, so all I can really think about right now is transfers, and packing and stuff, and taking sticker pictures with Sister Choi after this..but I will tell you some things from this week that happened. So, our recent convert, Go Seo Joo Chamaenim reminds me a lot of Saydee. She loves sports, she is loud, cute nose, loves sweat pants, candy, all the good stuff. Anyways, she kept telling me that she was going to break my legs so that President couldn't transfer me. But the other night when we visited her, we finally convinced her to say the prayer before we left and this is what she said : Dear God, Thanks for letting Real Madrid do so good, and please help them to continue doing good. God, I know that I can't really break Sister Cutler's legs..but please don't let her transfer. And Sister Choi too. Well, you're doing great up there God. Thanks for listening to my prayer. Amen. I'll be really sad to transfer away from her. But, she's moving to Australia next year..I think Sydney..Jason and Romy..you didn't answer my question yet.

Recently, we've still been meeting with a few different religious proselyters -i don't have time to figure out the spelling). But, it has been interesting, a few presbyterians, and recently this other religion that is supposed to be considered even more "ee-dan" than our church. But, as we've been meeting with them, it usually ends up with them quizing us on bible scriptures, and proving to us that we're really stupid and young all the time. And when we bear our testimonies, usually somehow they find a way to show us that our faith is empty. During these times, I wonder--when does the power come that is talked about in the scriptures--where the weak things confound the wise, and when the spirit of God just fills a missionary and just says exactly all of the right things. Maybe when a missionary has enough faith to allow the spirit to do that, huh. I'm not discouraged about it though. Whenever they're talking to us about things, I end up thinking a few things-first, I think, why are we still meeting with them? second, i think..wow, there are so many churches. third, we all teach a lot of the same basic things--so what makes us all so different? fourth, what makes us right? And then that is when I realize, because we have the restoration, and the book of mormon. And those two things make all the difference. And all we're out here doing is asking people to pray about the restoration of the gospel, and to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. And that is why we're different. And I'm thankful to have realized that through my experiences with learning from and discussing with other faiths.

Well, I think time is almost gone. I'm sorry if I alarmed you with the early email this week about my knee (mom and dad). Maybe I will have to give in and wear ugly shoes. . uhhgh. I really don't want to. But, my knee has been on and off bad, and if I have to get surgery for some reason, than I'll have to come home. Which I don't want, so I'll wear the ugly shoes if it will help. I'll keep in touch with Sister Furniss, and get a knee brace. Don't worry Dad, I won't let my pride get in the way :)

Okay, things here are going great. I'm happy as a bumblebee, and I love Korea, Korean, Korean food, Korean people, Missionary work in Korea, and Korean clothes.

Love, Lia

P.s. I am sorry I haven't sent pictures for a while..I keep on forgetting my cord. I will try to remember soon!

No comments: